Judgment - The Great Tribulation.......Great tribulation,
shall sweep through every nation,
seek now Salvation!
...Horsemen of the Apocalypse... ...Trumpet Judgments... ...Bowl Judgments... ...Satan Cast Out of Heaven... ...The Earth...in the Balances!... ...The Scales of Justice... ...Through the Waters... ...Run to the Cross of Jesus Christ... ...A Consuming Fire... ...The Word of God... ...The Blessed Hope...
Judgment - The Great Tribulation
- Another period of Godís judgment, coming upon this earth, is one of the most inescapable aspects of bible prophecy. Judgment in one form or another is referred to hundreds of times in the scriptures. It is an indisputable aspect of the character of God as communicated through the Apostles, Prophets and particularly through the Lord Jesus Christ.
- One fact is certain that Godís judgment is righteous, just, perfect & timely. Ultimately beneficial, in bringing peace and stability to mankind, it cannot be questioned, or disputed, by either the Christian, Jew or Heathen.
- Throughout scripture, many references, made by the various writers, point to this particular time, with related events. Being so specific in detail, unique and awesome in description, that, in all sobriety, one can really adopt only one of two opinions:
- One could ponder perhaps that the writers of scripture drifted collectively into the realms of fantasy or poetic license. Ranting, raving or tending to go off the deep end a bit, their various commentaries, to be considered mere Allegory.
- Alternatively... one could consider in all seriousness and solemnity that these awesome events, as described, will in fact be fulfilled. At the appointed time, in their entirety, complete to the very last detail, Literally.
This author holds to the latter viewpoint!
The terminology used to describe this coming time of judgment varies. The most common expression used by the major & minor prophets, and Paul & Peter is:
Isa. 2:12; 13:6; 13:9 Ezek. 13:5; 30:3 Joel 1:15; 2:1; 2:11; 2:31; 3:14; Amos 5:18; (x 2); 5:20; Obad. 1:15; Zeph. 1:7; 1:14; (x2); Zech. 14.1; Mal. 4:5; Acts 2:20; (1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor.1:14 incl. Jesus); 1 Thes. 5:2; 2 Pet. 3:10;
This specific expression is used five-times by the prophet Joel who is often referred to as the Prophet of Armageddon.
Judgment & The Day of the Lord...
That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?Genesis 18:25
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.Deuteronomy 32:4
Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the LORD, because he cometh to judge the earth.1 Chronicles 16:33
Doth God pervert judgment? or doth the Almighty pervert justice?Job 8:3
For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:Isaiah 2:12
And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.Joel 2:30-31
But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.Amos 5:24
Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.Zephaniah 2:3
And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?Romans 2:3
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;2 Peter 2:2-4
Considerations on pending Judgment...
- The shadows or portents, of the Signs of the Times are now upon the earth... Signs heralding a particular period of judgment.
- The signs are likened to the Birth Pangs of a woman in labour and are also referred to as the Beginning of Sorrows.
- Even as birth pangs are precursors to the main event, (i.e. the birth). Similarly the signs herald the coming period of judgment known as the Great Tribulation.
- Just as labour pains, (or birth pangs), increase in intensity & frequency with the passing of time. Similarly the Signs will increase also in frequency, effects & severity.
- Just as a woman in labour cannot be prevented from giving birth, similarly, the signs, now clearly apparent & increasing, the judgment cannot likewise be stopped.
- Throughout scripture periods of adversity are often likened to the pains of a woman in travail, likewise times of prosperity equate to the joy that follows child-birth.
- The basic principles of the blood covenant demonstrate a clear differentiation between those who are subject to this judgment & those who are to escape.
- The main event, is not the time of Great Tribulation, but the glorious revealing of the Blessed Hope, the Lord Jesus Christ, heralding a New Kingdom Age of Holiness, where Love, Joy, Peace, Righteousness & Prosperity abound. On a restored planet.
And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames. Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine. And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.Isaiah 13:8-11
Woe is me! woe is me! who will deliver me in those days? The beginning of sorrows and great mournings; the beginning of famine and great death; the beginning of wars, and the powers shall stand in fear; the beginning of evils! what shall I do when these evils shall come? Behold, famine and plague, tribulation and anguish, are sent as scourges for amendment.2 Esdras 16:17-19 ...(Apocrypha)
Where are you going to run to?
It's NOT the End of the World.......& there is still HOPE!
Prayer......for Mercy in Judgment
Page Title: Judgment - The Great Tribulation
Page URL: http://www.blessedhope.ws/esdras.html
Page Updated: 26th July 2003
Author/Webmaster: Leslie C.Gaston
Copyright © Blessed Hope Ministries - International © MM